Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's the Small Things



 "Big Biscuit Gets a Bath" Photo by Kevin Still


This morning at 4am I woke suddenly and remembered, Oh No, we left our car on the street in front of our house.  On the mean streets of my neighborhood that is a BIG no no and you will get a ticket. Thus, when we jumped into our car this morning to head to the doctors office I was un-phased to see a FAT $75 ticket on my windshield....The thought did cross my mind however....since when is it appropriate for a city to give you a $75 ticket for parking in front of your own house? Then again, in our old neighborhood the car would have been gone so I guess a ticket is a step up! 
The cameras kept rolling and when we got home from the doctors office this afternoon there was a pink letter stuck in my front door...hmm, what could this be? Well, I'll tell you what it was dog lovers! The city now requires you to have a license for your pet and if you don't you are assessed fee after fee totaling up to a WHOPPING $160.....for a dog.  
The last thing I did tonight before I moved from couch to bed this evening was walk into my kitchen for a glass of water...I thought, hmmm, it smells musty in here! I decided to check under the sink and low and behold, what did I see but a puddle of water. Not exactly the glass of water I was in search of.
I thought it was funny though because none of these things really bothered me as much as they normally would! I said to Kevin,"Hey! A lot of things are going wrong today and he said "No they're not! Today is a great day!" and you know what?? It was!! 
What do I say to these three inconveniences today? AKOONAMATATA friends! It's from the Lion King for those of you that need to brush up on your Disney! It's funny how growing a little human inside of you gives you perspective on life! I say Akoonamatata because we went to the doctor today and he said there was a big improvement in little Canon's blood flow and she had grown!!!! This little lady has been kickin' those small little heels up in my belly all day long. In fact, I should have stopped on the way home to purchase some tiny, pink cowboy boots for this little lass because she is going to need them when she gets here! So, despite the challenges of the day I am going to bed thanking the Lord that our little girl is growing once again! Thanks to everyone for your prayers!

    

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I are so happy to hear Canon Joy is growing again! Dealing with real LIFE issues-----like GOING ON 24 HOUR BED REST, to help Canon grow, (for someone as energetic as you, Joni.....we KNOW that is beyond difficult!), and HOPING to hear good news about Canon at weekly doctor visits certainly does put daily annoyances in perspective.

    We're so proud of you, Joni, and so thankful for the faith, hope and trust you put in God. We know that choosing that path does not come easily. There is some wrestling with God! But because, in the end, you choose His way----to be grateful in ALL circumstances, He floods your life with faith, hope, love, courage and strength for each new day.

    We're praying for Canon, you, and Kevin.
    Love always and forever,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete