Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 5 of Bed Rest

I have now completed day five of my 14 days of bed rest to see if blood flow will increase to our little babe and I have to say I REALLY miss running! I know that there are A LOT of people out there praying for our little Canon and that makes this process easier BUT....I still miss running. I just miss running around....I miss running down my stairs, I miss running in my neighborhood, I miss jumping in the car to run an errand and mostly I miss doing things for myself. We have been overwhelmed and incredibly blessed by the support we have received from family and friends. Family calling in every day to check in on how we're doing and how I'm feeling and friends that have been SO very generous in bringing by meals despite their busy lives and obligations to their own families. I really don't know what I would do if we didn't have all of these amazing people rallying around us to support us, it's been a pretty awesome experience. All that being said.....I am still signing up for a HALF marathon when this little one is out safe and sound and home with us. SO.....who's comin' with me???

3 comments:

  1. Me! I love you, Joni! XOXO Mom
    P.S. Well, maybe not a half marathon---how about a 5K or a 10K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come with you! Maybe I will fly out for a half! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be down for running a half with you!

    ReplyDelete